You may be entitled to a Free NHS eye test and possibly also help towards the cost of glasses. The NHS provides free eye tests and based on age, health or income.Who qualifies for a free NHS eye test in England & Wales?
You are entitled if you are:
* You are under 16
* You are under 19 years of age and in full-time education
* You are aged 60 or over
* You are registered blind or partially sighted
* You have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
* You are 40 or over and have a brother, sister or parent with glaucoma
* You have been advised by a hospital ophthalmologist that you’re at risk of Glaucoma
* You are prescribed a complex lens
* You or your partner receive Income Support or Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
* You or your partner receive a Tax Credit and are named on a Tax Credit NHS Exemption Certificate
* You have a low income and are named on an NHS HC2 certificate for full help with health costs.
* People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) might also get help. See your certificate for details.
Please bring your proof of entitlement when you come along for your eye test as you will be asked to provide it. If you are unsure whether you qualify for a free NHS eye test, contact NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.